1. Introductions of members.
2. Review/approve minutes of the 7/23/19, 8/27/19, 9/24/19 Council Meetings.
- 3.1. Second announcement of vacancies on the Council for At-Large member.
4. A presentation on â€œFrom Energy Security to Energy Shift,â€ a response to the Merrimack Valley natural gas disaster.
5. An update from Tomas Gonzalez of Core Empowerment.
6. Working and Ad Hoc Committee:
- 6.1. Public Service Committee:Â Report and recommendation that Council members VOTEÂ to support the petition ofÂ Creative Restaurant Concepts, Inc., doing businessÂ asÂ â€œWhisky Saigon,â€Â at 110-116 BoylstonÂ StreetÂ in Boston for a transfer of their seven-day common victualler all alcohol licenseÂ to Cill Dara, Inc.,Â doing business asÂ “Eugene Oâ€™Neill’s,â€ at 3700 WashingtonÂ StreetÂ in Jamaica Plain with a 1:00 am closing hour,Â withÂ Mellissa HuntÂ as manager, and also for an entertainment license for four TVs, trivia, karaoke, and up to three live performers.
- 6.2. Housing & Development Committee:Â 1).Â Report on the discussion of affordable housing, and IDP Campaign; 2). Recommendation to form a Committee to create guidelines for sustainable housing.
- 6.3. Parks + Committee: Upcoming meeting Oct. 24 at 7:00 pmÂ atÂ Farnsworth House, 90 South Street.Â On the agenda will be JoAnn Robinson, a landscape historian, who will be speaking on the history of Franklin Park as well as ways to ideally integrate supportive housing with the park.
- 6.4. Education Committee: Update from the Committee.
- 6.5. Zoning Committee: Report and recommendations that Council Members:Â 1). VOTE to affirm the petition ofÂ 32 Jamaica Street; 2).Â VOTE to affirm the petition of 26 Jamaica Street; 3). VOTE to decline the petition of 9-11 and 13-15 Catherine Street.
- Â 6.6. Outreach Committee:Â First Meeting 11/11/19 at JP Licks at 6:00 pm
7. New business.
- 7.1 Next election April 2020.