Jamaica Plain Neighborhood Council
Tuesday, July 24, 2018, 7:00 p.m. Farnsworth House, 90 South Street
- Introductions of members.
- Review/approve minutes of the June 26, 2018, Council meeting.
- Improvement of website/updating Council presence in media – Memberâ€™s Bio
- Brainstorming topics of interest.
- Committee reports/recommendations:
- Public Service Committee;Â report and recommendations that Council members VOTE to affirm: the request ofÂ Blue Nile, Inc., doing business as â€œBlue Nile Restaurantâ€ at 389 Centre Street for aÂ change in closing hour of its 7-Day Common Victualler Malt and Wine License to aÂ 12:00midnightÂ closing;Â Â the request ofÂ Santias BakeryÂ LLC, doing business as â€œSantiaâ€™s Bakeryâ€, at 3381Washington Street for aÂ 7-Day Common Victualler License, with take-out (with the usual proviso). with the hours ofÂ 7:00am to 10:00pm, with Sergio Espinoza, as manager; the request ofÂ 669 Centre, LLC, doing business as â€œCentre Street CafÃ©â€, at 669A Centre Street for a change in ownership in its 7-Day Common Victualler Wines, Malt Beverages and Liqueurs License to add Robyn McGrath and Leila Asher as stockholders, and also to change its doing business as name to â€œLittle Dipperâ€ (at the same location); the request ofÂ 711 Centre,Â Â LLC, doing business as â€œCasa Verdeâ€, at 711 Centre Street for a change in ownership in its 7-Day Common Victualler All Alcoholic Beverages License to add Justin Iantosca as stockholder.Â Next Meeting:Â Tuesday, August 7Â at The Brewery.Â 31 Germania Street. The agenda will include a request of Boston Beer Company for an entertainment license.
- Zoning Committee:Â report and recommendations that Council members VOTE to affirm:Â Â TheÂ removal of the proviso “take-out use granted to this petitioner only” atÂ 300-300C Centre StreetÂ to reflect change of ownership from Lidan Pan to Golden Rice Bowl, Inc.Â ; the construction a two-story kitchen addition to rear of existing single-family home; expand living space into basement atÂ 93 Westchester Road:Â the change of occupancy from two-family to three-family dwelling; renovate existing unfinished basement to create one additional dwelling unit; construct new exterior entry to basement unit at front of house and add window wells for bedroom windows; building to be fully sprinklered atÂ 21-23 Wyman Street.Â Â Next MeetingÂ Wednesday,July 25thÂ at Farnsworth House.Â The agenda will include:Â Â 1).Â Â 125 and 125A Amory Street,Â Â 101 Amory Street,Â 127 Amory Street;2).Â Â 368 Centre StreetÂ Â 4). Â 22-24 Adelaide StreetÂ
- Housing & Development Committee: Report on: DCAMM process to build supportive housing at Shattuck Hospital; Nesterly, an intergenerational housing app.Â Â Next Meeting:Â Â 9/18/18
- Environment, Parks & Energy Committee:Â report onÂ Fix-it Clinic July 21, 2018; mini-Fixit Clinic on 8/6 at Mildred C. Hailey complex on National Night Out;Â and discussion/planning for educational event(s) in Boston Public Schools for implementation of Bostonâ€™s plastic bag ban later this year.
- New business: