Saturday, June 24, 2023
Every two years the Jamaica Plain Neighborhood Council has an election and the next one will be June 24, 2023!
All Jamaica Plain Residents who are 16 years of age or older are eligible* to vote, run for a council seat, or volunteer on election day.
Check out information below to plug in! You can also join us in person on the following dates to ask question and get more information :
- Jamaica Plain Neighborhood Services Liaison’s Coffee Hour– Fri, April 28 at 10am at JP Licks
- Wake Up the Earth – Sat, May 6th from 12-5pm in the non-profit area
- JPNC Outreach Meeting – Tues, May 9th at 7pm at Evergreen Eatery (meet us on the patio!)
All Jamaica Plain residents 16 years or older* can vote on JPNC Election Day, Saturday, June 24th.
The polling locations will be:
- Stop & Shop at 301 Centre St in Jackson Sq
- JP Licks at 659 Centre St
- Forest Hills MBTA Stop
Voters can visit any polling location between 10am-4pm on Election Day.
Interested in getting involved in local neighborhood issues like housing, parks, business licenses, public safety, and more? Consider running for a JPNC Council Seat!
As a candidate, you will need to review the Candidate Nomination Packet. You’ll be asked to collect signatures from eligible neighbors, complete a form, and send in a short bio to be on the ballot.
Not interested in running? Please consider volunteering to help run our election. We are looking for folks to help run polling booths on election day, count the ballots once they are cast, and oversee the process and be available to help answer any questions or concerns.
Candidates cannot volunteer but anyone else can! Fill out our Sign Up Sheet below
- April 24 – Candidate Nomination packets will be available on-line at JPNC.org and in person at the public libraries (Jamaica Plain, Connolly, and Egleston) and Curtis Hall
- May 24 – Completed Nomination Papers with signatures must be returned by 5:00 P.M. to the Jamaica Plain Branch Library at 30 South Street Jamaica Plain, MA 02130
- May 25-28 – Signature validation period
- May 29-June 5 – Signature appeals period
- June 5 – Anticipated deadline for media submissions of candidate bios
- June 5-June 23 – Training / Reception for Volunteers will be held during this period.
- June 24 – ELECTION DAY – Voting at three polling locations (Forest Hills T Station, Stop & Shop, JP Licks) between 10am-4pm
- June 26 – Official Results Certified and announced by the Ombuds Board.