The JPNC continues to conduct virtual meetings, which are open to the public. To access the meeting from a computer, please use the link:
Meeting ID: 859 6723 9298 and Passcode: 653190
Or by telephone, call 312-626-6799 and follow the prompts to enter the Meeting ID: 859 6723 9298 and Passcode: 653190#
1. Introduction of members.
2. Review/approve minutes from the 4/27/21 and 7/27/21 JPNC meetings.
4. Committee reports/recommendations:
- 4.1.Â Â Zoning Committee: Report on the recommendations of the committee onÂ 104-104B Jamaica Street a planÂ to construct a three-unit townhouse-style dwelling with off-street parking in rear yard.Â The building is to be fully sprinklered.Â
- 4.2.Â Â Public Service Committee: Report on the committeeâ€™s discussion of: 1). The request byÂ FS Bar & Lounge LLC, doing business as â€œSimpli Bar & Bites,â€ atÂ 3840 Washington StreetÂ for a 7-day common victualler wines and malt beverages license, with take-out, andÂ an entertainment license for 2 TVs,Â with the hours of 6:00 am to 11:00 pm, withÂ Florian StrugaÂ as manager, andÂ and with aÂ seasonal outdoor patio with 20 seats; 2). The Good Community Business policy.
- 4.3.Â Â Housing & Development Committee:Â Report on the discussion of the committee regarding:1). The proposals from Inclusion/Diversity Subcommittee; 2). The Forbes Building and expired affordable housing contracts. Â Beverly Estes-Smargiassi, Asst. Dir. of Preservation & Community Development in the Cityâ€™s Department of Neighborhood Development will attend to provide some background information on this topic, and to discuss the issues and conditions affecting the Forbes and buildings like it. Â Â
5. Election of New Officers and Committee
6. New Business
Next Meeting 9/28/21; Executive Committee Meeting 9/23/21