The Jamaica Plain Neighborhood Council continues to conduct virtual meetings. To access the meeting from a computer, please use the link:
Or by telephone, please call:
929-205-6099 and follow the prompts to enter the Meeting ID: 859 6723 9298 and Passcode: 653190#
1. Introduction of members.
2. Review of the minutes from the Aug. 25, 2020 JPNC meeting.
3.Â Â Â Â Â Â Â Â Announcements.
4. Maggie Owens, Planner for Boston Parks and Recreation Department, will present on the Parcel Priority Plan
5. Representative Nika Elugardo will provide a brief policy update as well as discuss some of her district work, including her virtual backpack drive.
6. Follow-up on the letter of limited, non-opposition for Apothca, Inc. to begin exploring the possibility of opening a recreational cannabis dispensary at 54 Hyde Park Avenue.
7. Committee reports/recommendations:
- 7.1. Public Service:Â Report and recommend that the JPNC:Â 1). VOTEÂ to support the petition ofÂ DLS Kitchen Inc., doing business as â€œMangÃº Dominican Bistroâ€ at 264 Hyde Park Avenue in Jamaica Plain for a change in hours of its 7-DayÂ Common Victualler License from 8:00 am – 9:00 pm to 8:00 am – 1:00 am; 2). VOTEÂ to support the petition of Burroughs Street Partners LLCÂ atÂ 7 Burroughs StreetÂ in Jamaica Plain to change the legal occupancyÂ to include restaurant with #36A take-out useÂ at this address, with the proviso that the take-out use will stay with the currentÂ business tenantÂ at 7 Burroughs Street,1R,Â Nicole Gunn, doing business as â€œCADA DIA Nutrition.â€
- 7.2.Â Housing and Development:Â Report on the Subcommittee on Net Carbon Zero Construction and recommend a VOTE on a letter supporting The Community Builders in their pursuit to find funding for the upcoming phase of redevelopment of the Mildred Hailey apartments.
- 7.3. Zoning Committee:Â Â Report on the recommendations of the committee for the proposals of: 1). 387-399 Centre Street to convert the existing beauty salon to a body piercing studio; 2).Â 68 South Street to change the use to allow a tattoo studio; 3). 34-36 Rossmore Road to demolish existing building at 34 Rossmore Road and construct two new three-family residences; 4).3227 Washington Street to convert existing two-family residence to a four-family residence and perform comprehensive interior and exterior renovations.
8. New Business