Tuesday, Feb. 26, 2019, 7:00 p.m.
Farnsworth House, 90 South Street
1. Introductions of members.
2. Review/approve minutes of the 1/22/19 Council Minutes.
3. Presentation by Representative Nika Elugardo.
- 4.1. 3rd announcement of Council vacancy in Area A.
- 4.2 Request for a new Chair of Environment, Parks, and Energy Committee.
5. A request to include money in the City budget to complete the design work of streetscape improvements on Centre and South Streets.
6. Committee reports/recommendations:
- 6.1. Zoning Committee: Report and recommendation that the Council members: 1). VOTE to change the occupancy of 21-23 Wyman Street from a three family dwelling to a lodging house with thirteen (13) bedrooms with proviso: this applicant only; 2). VOTE to confirm occupancy of 74 Westchester Road as a single family, construct second-floor addition with new front porch with roof and a rear balcony off of master bedroom, extend living space into basement with new garage space; 3).Â VOTE to approve the addition of a 6-foot dormer to current third-floor staircase at 12-12A Wyvern Street with assurance from applicant to make best efforts to contact abutter on dormer side; 4). VOTE to approve to change occupancy of 319-329 Centre Street to include massage therapy use with provisos: this applicant only; 5). VOTE to approve change of use from two-family to three-family residence at 26-28 Chilcott Place, construct vertical and rear additions and renovate existing structure, add four (4) off-street parking spaces.
- 6.2.Â Public Service Committee: Report on:Â 1). A petitionÂ ofÂ Ethiopian CafÃ© at 377 Centre StreetÂ for a 7-Day Common Victualler Beer and Wine License with an 11:00 pm closing,Â withÂ Firehiwot Zeleke as manager. 2). A conversation on bicycle safety.
- 6.3. Housing & Development Committee: Report and recommendation that the Council members:Â 1).Â VOTE on a comment letter regarding the proposed new development at 121 Brookside Ave, which encompasses a 4-story building with 21 residential units and 2 artist live/work spaces.Â 2). A discussion on environmental benefits in new construction, such as carbon neutral, net-zero, and renewable energy.
- 6.4. Education Ad Hoc Committee: Report TBA
7. New business.