Tuesday, Jan. 22, 2019, 7:00 p.m.
Farnsworth House, 90 South Street
1. Introductions of members.
2. Review/approve minutes of the 12/18/18 Council Minutes.
- 3.1. 2nd announcement of Council vacancy in Area A
4. Presentation by Representative Liz Malia.
5. Presentation by Core Empowerment LLC seeking to change occupancy of 401A-405 Centre Street to include retail cannabis establishment;
6. Committee reports/recommendation
- 6.1. Zoning Committee: Report and recommendation that the Council members: 1). VOTE to DENY the petition ofÂ 7-15 Catherine StreetÂ to construct five (5) adjacent townhouses.Â Each home to have four bedrooms, three and a half baths, and two off-street garage parking spaces.Â Shared 2000 foot green space.Â Existing buildings to be razed.Â 2). DENY if applicant proceeds on 95-97 West Walnut ParkÂ to change occupancy from two-family to four-family dwelling, add dormers, add a rear addition including garage with three off-street parking spaces, renovate existing building. 3).Â VOTE To APPROVE the petition of 632-638 Centre Street to construct additional story (fourth floor) on existing building and change occupancy from 9 residential units with office and retail to 18 residential units and 4 commercial (retail and office) spaces with provisos to include 4 affordable rental units at min. 70% AMI, exterior parking surface to be permeable.
- 6.2.Â Public Service Committee: Report on the recommendations of the committee on:Â 1).Â Space savers in Jamaica Plain. 2). The petitionÂ ofÂ Ethiopian CafÃ© at 377 Centre StreetÂ for a 7-Day Common Victualler Beer and Wine License with an 11:00pm closing,Â andÂ Firehiwot Zeleke as manager.
- 6.3. Housing & Development Committee: Report on the presentation by Janna Cohen-Rosenthal, Executive Director of the Franklin Park Coalition on the FPC, the Master Plan for Franklin Park, and the FPC’s hopes/considerations for the upcoming changes at the Shattuck Hospital.
- 6.4. Environment, Parks & Energy Committee:Â Request for a new Chair or the temporary suspension of the committee.
- 6.5. Education Ad Hoc Committee: Report on joint meeting with BPS on BuildBPS at English High School.
7. New business.