The JPNC continues to conduct virtual meetings, which are open to the public. To access the meeting from a computer, use the link:
Meeting ID: 859 6723 9298 and Passcode: 653190
Or by telephone, call 312-626-6799 and follow the prompts to enter the Meeting ID: 859 6723 9298 and Passcode: 653190#
1. Introduction of members.
2. Review/approve minutes from the 11/24/20 and 12/22/20 JPNC meetings.
- 3.1. First Announcement of a vacancy on the Council in Area A;
- 3.2. First Announcement of a vacancy on the Council in Area C;
- 3.3. 3rd Announcement of a vacancy on the council in Area B.
4. An update from Tomas Gonzalez of CORE Empowerment on their plans to open an adult-use cannabis retail business at 401 Centre Street.
5. Committee reports/recommendations:
- 5.1. Zoning Committee: Report on the recommendations of the committee to: 1). VOTE to approve the proposal at 1785 Columbus Avenue, where Boston Healthcare for the Homeless seeks to change occupancy to include a 2600 square foot family practice clinic on the second floor; 2). VOTE to approve the proposal at 97-99 Williams Street for a new 6-unit residential construction on vacant lot (99 Williams Street) combined with portion of neighboring lot; (97 Williams Street) with the proviso that the design be modified as to first-floor unit on right side building to create covered front porch.
- 5.2. Housing & Development Committee: Report from the committee on their discussions of: 1). Net Zero Carbon Construction; 2). Affordable housing financing.
- 5.3. Public Service Committee: Report from the committee on their discussions of: 1). An education campaign on new striping on JP streets; 2). How to reform the police.
- 5.4. Outreach/Election Committee: Report on planning for the next Election on 4/24/21 with Nomination Packets to be released 2/26/21.
6. New Business