The JPNC continues to conduct virtual meetings, which are open to the public. To access the meeting from a computer, please use the link:
Meeting ID: 859 6723 9298 and Passcode: 653190
Or by telephone, call 312-626-6799 and follow the prompts to enter the Meeting ID: 859 6723 9298 and Passcode: 653190#
1. Introduction of members.
2. Review/approve minutes from the 4/27/21 and 7/27/21 JPNC meetings.
4. Committee reports/recommendations:
- 4.1. Zoning Committee: Report on the recommendations of the committee on 104-104B Jamaica Street a plan to construct a three-unit townhouse-style dwelling with off-street parking in rear yard. The building is to be fully sprinklered.
- 4.2. Public Service Committee: Report on the committee’s discussion of: 1). The request by FS Bar & Lounge LLC, doing business as “Simpli Bar & Bites,” at 3840 Washington Street for a 7-day common victualler wines and malt beverages license, with take-out, and an entertainment license for 2 TVs, with the hours of 6:00 am to 11:00 pm, with Florian Struga as manager, and and with a seasonal outdoor patio with 20 seats; 2). The Good Community Business policy.
- 4.3. Housing & Development Committee: Report on the discussion of the committee regarding:1). The proposals from Inclusion/Diversity Subcommittee; 2). The Forbes Building and expired affordable housing contracts. Beverly Estes-Smargiassi, Asst. Dir. of Preservation & Community Development in the City’s Department of Neighborhood Development will attend to provide some background information on this topic, and to discuss the issues and conditions affecting the Forbes and buildings like it.
5. Election of New Officers and Committee
6. New Business
Next Meeting 9/28/21; Executive Committee Meeting 9/23/21