The Jamaica Plain Neighborhood Council continues to conduct virtual meetings. To access the meeting from a computer, please use the link:
Or by telephone, please call 929-205-6099 and follow the prompts to enter the Meeting ID: 859 6723 9298 and Passcode: 653190#
1. Introduction of members.
2. Review/approve minutes from the Nov. 24, 2020 JPNC meeting.
- Second announcement of a vacancy on the Council in Area B.
4. A presentation by KG Collective, LLC on their proposal to open an adult-use cannabis retail business at 1589 Columbus Avenue.
5. “Good Cause Shown” Removal
6. Committee reports/recommendations:
- 6.1 Housing & Development Committee: Updates and recommendation from the committee on: 1). Net Zero Carbon Construction; 2). VOTE on a letter of support for the change of affordability on Carolina-Call project; 3). VOTE on a letter of support for an Article 80 Project at 3371 Washington Street that will be a 5-story building with 38 residential units for low- and extremely-low income seniors, plus 1 commercial/restaurant space.
- 6.2 Public Service Committee: Update from the committee on streets needing repair, crosswalks and bike lanes needing painting, as well as continued discussion on how to reform the police.
- 6.3. Zoning Committee: Report on the recommendations of the committee for the proposals of: 1): 15 Nira Avenue, a gut renovation of an existing single-family residence; 2). 8 Robeson Street, a renovation to add a third unit to an existing two-family residence, add dormers and extend living space into basement; building to be sprinklered at all levels; 3). 97 and 99 Williams Street to construct a new 6-unit residential building on vacant lot (99 Williams Street) combined with portion of neighboring lot; existing 3-family residence on subdivided neighboring lot (97 Williams Street) to be maintained; 4). 49A Walk Hill Street, to construct a three-unit dwelling with three off-street parking spaces per plans.
- 6.4. Outreach/Election Committee: Report on planning for the next Election on 4/24/21 with Nomination Packets to be released 2/26/20. Exploring ways to maintain everyone’s safety in light of pandemic.
7. New Business