1. Introductions of members.
2. Review/approve minutes of the 7/23/19, 8/27/19, 9/24/19 Council Meetings.
- 3.1. Second announcement of vacancies on the Council for At-Large member.
4. A presentation on “From Energy Security to Energy Shift,” a response to the Merrimack Valley natural gas disaster.
5. An update from Tomas Gonzalez of Core Empowerment.
6. Working and Ad Hoc Committee:
- 6.1. Public Service Committee: Report and recommendation that Council members VOTE to support the petition of Creative Restaurant Concepts, Inc., doing business as “Whisky Saigon,” at 110-116 Boylston Street in Boston for a transfer of their seven-day common victualler all alcohol license to Cill Dara, Inc., doing business as “Eugene O’Neill’s,” at 3700 Washington Street in Jamaica Plain with a 1:00 am closing hour, with Mellissa Hunt as manager, and also for an entertainment license for four TVs, trivia, karaoke, and up to three live performers.
- 6.2. Housing & Development Committee: 1). Report on the discussion of affordable housing, and IDP Campaign; 2). Recommendation to form a Committee to create guidelines for sustainable housing.
- 6.3. Parks + Committee: Upcoming meeting Oct. 24 at 7:00 pm at Farnsworth House, 90 South Street. On the agenda will be JoAnn Robinson, a landscape historian, who will be speaking on the history of Franklin Park as well as ways to ideally integrate supportive housing with the park.
- 6.4. Education Committee: Update from the Committee.
- 6.5. Zoning Committee: Report and recommendations that Council Members: 1). VOTE to affirm the petition of 32 Jamaica Street; 2). VOTE to affirm the petition of 26 Jamaica Street; 3). VOTE to decline the petition of 9-11 and 13-15 Catherine Street.
- 6.6. Outreach Committee: First Meeting 11/11/19 at JP Licks at 6:00 pm
7. New business.
- 7.1 Next election April 2020.