Work will continue on the SW corridor path starting as early as March 28, 2011 as part of the Jackson Square Redevelopment Initiative. Work will be done at the intersection of Lamartine and Centre Streets involving portions of both the bike and pedestrian paths. Construction is expected to last 6-8 weeks.
The improvements include:
- New sidewalks and street lights
- New crosswalks across Centre & Lamartine Streets
- Centre Street crosswalks will be wider to accommodate bikers and other users
- Centre Street crosswalk (one connecting the path) will be moved farther east to allow for a more direct route to the SW Corridor path
- Wider ramps
- Wider “bump outs” on Centre Street which will shorten the distance between the sidewalks
- The corner abutting Bromley-Heath: the dirt section will be paved and the fence along Centre Street (closest to the T station) will be pulled back to expand the width of the sidewalk near the crosswalk.
- New traffic signals will increase the overall safety of the intersection
Contact Kyle Robidoux if you have questions or concerns: Krobidoux@jpndc.org or 617-522-2424 ext: 279.