- Review/approve minutes of the March 25, 2014, Council meeting.
- Interviews/vote to fill Council vacancy in Area A.
- Vote whether to adopt the following resolution:
WHEREAS there are numerous transportation, public safety, development and zoning issues confronting residents and users of, and businesses in, the Forest Hills area; and,
WHEREAS these issue arise amidst the sometimes conflicting interests of MassDOT, DCR, the MBTA, relevant city of Boston departments, the BRA and the residents and users of, and businesses in, the Forest Hills area; and,
WHEREAS, the JPNC has the experience and expertise to represent the interests of the residents and users of, and businesses in, the Forest Hills area;
NOW THEREFORE, the JPNC, as a committee of the whole, and relying on the experience and expertise of both its Housing & Development and Zoning Committees, shall take a leadership and coordinating role in responding on behalf of the communities and neighborhoods affected by these complex issues and in the resolution of them in the best interests of all concerned,
(as supplemented by the recommendation of the ad-hoc committee appointed by the Council on March 25)
- Insuring that the residents and businesses of the Forest Hills community are aware and informed of the magnitude of the construction projects going forward in their neighborhood;
- Insuring that the elected officials representing the Forest Hills area are aware of, and knowledgeable about, the existing and proposed construction projects, their time lines and their potential impacts on the community;
- Making sure that the relevant state and city departments and agencies responsible for, or having jurisdiction over, these projects are reviewing the project plans and communicating and coordinating with each other;
- Insuring that satisfactory procedures are in place to address problems and issues as they arise; and,
- Insuring that a regular community input process be established to address concerns of the residents and businesses of the Forest Hills community.
6. Committee reports/recommendations:
- Public Service Committee;
- Housing and Development Committee;
- Zoning Committee; and,
- Environment, Parks and Energy Committee.
7. New business:
- JPNC website – status and funding going forward